Did you know that cast iron wok needs to be seasoned to become non-stick?
- Wash the wok with hot water and wipe it clean, dry it with low heat.
- Wipe the inner wok with cooking oil or a piece of pork belly, make sure the oil is distributed evenly throughout the inner surface.
- Let the oil stay on the inner surface for around 10 minutes and pour it out.
- Wash the wok again with hot water (don’t use any stainless steel cleaner or detergent), dry it with low heat.
- Repeat steps above for 3 to 4 rounds.
- Pour a small portion of cooking oil into the wok, wipe it with kitchen paper towel evenly throughout the inner surface, it’s done!